1890 Antique Engraving Hans Holbein The Passion Jesus Christ Removes Clothing
Rare Antique Etching / Engraving Holbein - Circa 1890, Albert Quantin, Paris. Rare Antique Etching / Engraving on cream laid paper printed in a warm black ink. Richly inked and well-printed, very detailed, high quality impression with generous, full margins. Engraving, approaching 130+ years old. Freshly double mounted, backed and sealed. Not to be confused with the modern reprinted versions widely available.
Good overall condition considering its 130+ years old, some yellowing of the paper, foxing and sage spots, age marks, watermarks, printing imperfections, potentially some marks we have provided numerous close up pictures of the print will receive, so the pictures are integral to the condition report and listing. This and the others come from a large private library and have been in the same family for a number of decades.
Approx Size of Mount: 19.25" x 14.5" Inches Approx. Approx Visible Size of Print. 16.25" x 11.25" Inches Approx. Albert Marie Jérôme Quantin, born on January 19, 1850 in Bréhémont in Indre-et-Loire, died on June 17, 1933 (at 83) at the Grandes-Vente in Normandy, was a French bibliophile, publisher, printer and writer. He is the founder of Maison Quantin.
Albert Quantin began his studies at the Lycée in Tours and then studied law in Paris. He then undertook an apprenticeship with the printer Mame in Tours directed at this time by the Parisian typographer Henri Fournier. This item is in the category "Art\Art Prints".
london" and is located in this country: GB. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Size: Medium (up to 36in.)
- Artist: Hans Holbein the Younger
- Colour: Black and White
- Style: Traditional
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Production Technique: Engraving
- Material: Engraving, Paper
- Date of Creation: Antique (Pre-1900)
- Publisher: Albert Quantin
- Approx Visible Size of Print: 16.25\
- Year of Production: 1890
- Features: Backed and Sealed, Fixed Mount, Not suitable for removal from mount, Backed Sealed & Fixed Mount, Matted
- Original Publication: Gazette des Beaux-Arts
- Width (Inches): 14.5\
- Subject: Famous Paintings/Painters
- Engraver: Albert Quantin
- Personalise: No
- Originality: Original
- Height (Inches): 19.5\
- Print Surface: Paper
- Unit Quantity: 1
- Unit of Sale: Single Piece
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Custom Bundle: No
- Framing: Mounted
- Country/Region of Manufacture: France
- Type: Print